The CAD/GIS Technician will update and maintain CAD/GIS Maps and drawings for the Outside Plant (OSP) Engineers documenting the design and construction of telecommunication plant.
Location: Nashua NH
- Create, edit and maintain network drawings using AutoCAD Map
- Provide services that maximize productivity and provide enterprise-wide benefits using CAD/GIS technologies, primarily AutoCAD Map3D and ESRI ArcView
- Utilize GIS applications that support outside and inside cable plant design and construction including the collection of map data, and drafting of civil engineering, archival and as-built records
- Reports to CAD/GIS Manager
- Travel may be requested if the applicant is willing
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- Strong AutoCAD mapping skills required- preferably AutoCAD Map 2012
- Proficiency in MS Excel, and Access; GIS data mapping tools a plus, Trimble experience a plus
- GPS data collection hardware & software experience desired
- Telecommunications or utilities background highly desired
- B.S. in engineering, telecommunication or related CAD/GIS experience preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to: