Essential Job Functions:
- Applicant must demonstrate good understanding of multiple OSP/ISP splice enclosure manufacturers.
- Applicant must have undergone additional training or immersion into one or more specific customers’ needs and demonstrate responsibility for those needs.
- Applicant must demonstrate advanced cable prep/single and mass fusion splicing and termination abilities.
- Applicant must demonstrate a strong ability to work with others and train more junior technicians.
- Applicant must demonstrate basic crew/project management abilities and responsibilities.
- Applicant must demonstrate an above average understanding that travel, night, weekend and holiday work, to include on-call responsibilities will be a requirement.
- Applicant must demonstrate good fiber optic test and troubleshooting abilities to include fiber characterization, iOLM and advanced documentation and deliverable responsibilities.
- Applicant must demonstrate a basic understanding of and abilities to negotiate ARC/GIS, Telvent and Trimble software.
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicant must have completed Waveguide entry level safety training and demonstrate safe practices.
- Show up for work daily and on time
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
- Must be able to pass a Background Check, and Drug Screens
- Must possess and continue to possess a valid driver’s license and pass random driver’s license screenings
- Experienced with basic computer functions, especially Excel and the Internet and have the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to make independent judgment and perform repetitive tasks
- Regular contact with co-workers and customers
- Within 90 days of start date, take and pass OSHA-10 Certification
- Must be able to take and pass, and continue to pass a DOT Physical
- Travel a requirement; nights & weekends as well as on-call responsibility
- Overtime should be expected
- Applicant must be at least a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Repeated and frequent ability to lift, from floor to above head 25 lbs continuously. Ability to sit, stand, climb, kneel, bend, lift, crawl, squat, reach and utilize both hands and feet in an aerial and underground capacity. Environmental Conditions exposure is heat, cold, dust, wet, vibration and very loud noise. Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work. Work is performed in and out of an office environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V
Local Candidates Only; No Relocation Available
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to: