The Senior Wireless Technician will be responsible for providing installation, testing, and network troubleshooting services on both existing cellular networks and turn-key wireless network builds for our customers and the wireless carriers they represent. The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the RF industry on Small Cell and oDAS / iDAS networks.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with project managers a to meet specific customer needs and ensure proper resources are allocated to meet time and budget requirement
- Establish action to deal with delays due to weather emergencies or logistics. Confer with PM, on site personnel, contractors and customer to resolve quality concerns, complaints or time line challenges.
- Manage Daily Jobs and project goals to its efficient completion.
- Responsible for all required final documentation.
- Review the status of each job/project and in conjunction with the Program Manager, implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- May attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Assist in documenting and comprehensive RF testing process. Train technical personnel and manage them to the process.
- Assist in growing technical workforce to support the installation and maintenance of Wireless networks.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of personnel
- Ensure customers’ overall satisfaction with Waveguide’s work product.; build strong customer relationships and leverage them to secure additional work.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, wireless antenna node site maintenance, wireless infrastructure installation in the public right of way
- Strong PIM Testing and resolution Skills
- Strong cable sweep testing skills.
- Knowledge of RF and Carrier frequency planning
- Strong knowledge of hand and power tools
- Strong organization skills and neatness driven
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work in a fast-changing environment with multiple objectives.
- Travel a requirement; nights/weekends as needed so flexibility and a “can do” attitude a must; building and turning up nodes often must be done during night or weekend hours
- Customer service orientated with a strong problem-solving approach
- 5+ years of wireless field experience with strong knowledge of RF Frequencies
- Strong MS Office Skills including Excel, Word and Visio
- Anritsu Sweep Certification
- PIM Testing certification
- Fiber Optic splicing and testing
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Will be required to provide and use own basic hand tools
- Ability to take and pass and continue to pass a drug screen and background check
- Maintain a safe working environment by following company and industry standards at all times.
- Relevant Technical Degree or related technical certifications in Telecommunications, EE, Engineering Technology, RF, Construction Management; Trade school or Military electronic specialized schools. BICSI certification is a plus.
- Installation experience required in RF, IT, and/or Electrical
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work. Will be required to operate vehicle for Company business therefore must possess and continue to possess a valid drivers license. Work is performed in and out of an office environment. Physically able to carry 50lbs. Able to work outdoors, and/or in a bucket truck. Work is also performed in all sorts of environments and weather so therefore must be able to work outside in all types of climates.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace.
Waveguide Inc is a design build turn-key fiber optic construction company based in Nashua NH but has regular work throughout New England. We are growing exponentially and are looking for smart can-do people who would like to grow with us and be a part of our expanding team!
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to: