Operates and may perform inspection and routine maintenance on various equipment including a micro trencher, small dump trucks, mini excavator, and bobcats, in the performance of installing fiber optic cable. Foreman of his/her crew and the responsibilities required therein.
LOCATION: Hartford, CT
- Operates micro trencher, small dump trucks, mini excavators and bobcats.
- Delegate responsibilities to the crew(s), resolve emerging problems/issues, adhere to safety regulations at all times, train crew(s) and give constructive training and feedback
- Drives light vehicles and may operate other light equipment.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Willingness to travel a must
- Other duties as required by the job
MIN. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- CDL- A desired
- Ability to pass and continue to pass a DOT Physical
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of materials handling equipment and procedures
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is a requirement for this job.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Repeated and frequent ability to lift, from floor to above head 40 lbs continuously
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, kneel, bend, lift, crawl, squat, reach and utilize both hands and feet in an aerial and underground capacity. Environmental Conditions exposure is heat, cold, dust, wet, vibration and very loud noise
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V
Waveguide has been the dominate player in the Northeastern region of the US for over 20 years when it comes to turnkey Fiber Optic networks. We have remained on the forefront of the industry demands and trends throughout our history by implementing and utilizing the latest technologies to complete our work. Our current customer base consists of large regional and national broadband companies, local and national incumbent phone and cable companies, universities, data centers, municipalities and the private sector. We continue to be a recognized industry resource for Best Practices within all of these service offerings:
* Turn-key fiber optic network design, engineering and construction * Utility and make-ready management * GIS and CAD mapping services * GPS field mapping and data collection * Hub and Head-end construction * COAX and HFC construction * DAS, Wireless and Small Cell design and construction services * Project Management services * OSP maintenance and restoration services * Plant audit and field surveys * Network upgrades, new builds and extensions * Project management
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to: