Waveguide Solutions is a turn-key fiber optic network design, engineering and construction company based in Nashua NH with an additional offices throughout New England as needed for customer builds.
Location: Elkton MD
Actively hiring and staffing! We are a growing telecommunications contractor looking to add a qualified, and technically knowledgeable technician to our team based in the Maryland office, which is on the Delaware border. Will work with customers on-site for ISP, OSP, aerial fiber builds, in Delaware, Maryland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC and Southern New Jersey area. The experienced Fiber Technician will be provided with a company vehicle and should be comfortable working in an aerial bucket.
Essential Job Functions:
- A solid understanding of multiple OSP/ISP splice enclosure by various manufacturers.
- Have undergone additional training or immersion into one or more specific customers’ needs and demonstrate responsibility for those needs
- Be able to demonstrate advanced cable prep/single and mass fusion splicing and termination abilities.
- Excellent fiber optic test and troubleshooting abilities to include fiber characterization, iOLM and advanced documentation and deliverable responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work with others and train more junior technicians and basic crew/project management abilities and responsibilities
- Have a basic understanding of and abilities to negotiate ARC/GIS, Telvent and Trimble software
- Ability to understand that to the nature of the job, travel, night, weekend and holiday work, to include on-call responsibilities will be a requirement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
- Applicant must be able to pass our entry level safety training and demonstrate safe practices course.
- Show up for work daily and on time
- Must possess and continue to possess a valid driver’s license and pass random driver’s license screenings
- Experienced with basic computer functions, especially Excel and the Internet and have the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to make independent judgment and perform repetitive tasks
- Regular contact with co-workers and customers
- Within 90 days of start date, take and pass OSHA-10 Certification
- Must be able to take and pass, and continue to pass a DOT Physical, drug screen and background check
- Travel a requirement; overnights possible, however most jobs are within driving distance.
- Overtime should be expected
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Repeated and frequent ability to lift, from floor to above head 25 lbs continuously. Ability to sit, stand, climb, kneel, bend, lift, crawl, squat, reach and utilize both hands and feet in an aerial and underground capacity. Environmental Conditions exposure is heat, cold, dust, wet, vibration and very loud noise. Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, drive a vehicle, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work. Work is performed in and out of an office environment.
Waveguide has been the dominate player in the Northeastern region of the US for over 20 years when it comes to turnkey Fiber Optic networks. We have remained on the forefront of the industry demands and trends throughout our history by implementing and utilizing the latest technologies to complete our work. Our current customer base consists of large regional and national broadband companies, local and national incumbent phone and cable companies, universities, data centers, municipalities and the private sector. We continue to be a recognized industry resource for Best Practices within all of these service offerings:
* Turn-key fiber optic network design, engineering and construction * Utility and make-ready management * GIS and CAD mapping services * GPS field mapping and data collection * Hub and Head-end construction * COAX and HFC construction * DAS, Wireless and Small Cell design and construction services * Project Management services * OSP maintenance and restoration services * Plant audit and field surveys * Network upgrades, new builds and extensions * Project management
Benefits Competitive Pay & Full Benefits to Include:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Ortho Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA, 401(k) Plan, Profit Sharing Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Referral Program
Fully paid for: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, AD&D, Life Insurance
Additionally Offered: Voluntary Supplemental Life, and AD&D Insurance.
Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V.
Interested applicants, please apply below:
Or, submit your resume and cover letter to: