The Project Manager is responsible for the management of multiple projects and clients providing turn-key network build services to customers. The hands on position is responsible for the management and coordination of team members in obtaining and maintaining all documents related to performance and completion of project. This position will be based out of our new office in Buffalo NY.
Location: Buffalo NY
Essential Job Functions
- Manage day to day assigned resources and projects to completion with ultimate responsibility, ensuring that all activities, including site acquisition, regulatory, construction, and permitting are coordinated and completed on time and within budget.
- Travel to job multiple sites in and out of the state, meet with customers, review projects and prepare estimates for RFQ’s for customers
- Build a respected team; track and manage reviews with assistance from HR and direct manager. Have direct impact on the growth in staffing, revenue and customers in the region.
- Oversee project development and report on the progress of the projects
- Develop accurate project plan and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation
- Develop SOP procedures and best practices including written protocols and guidance to contractors
- Lead internal deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Lead and attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Work closely with Senior Management in NH and directly engage customers and partners
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system (SalesForce and Bid2Win) with complete accuracy.
- Create, assemble and verify documentation for billing
- Ability to work with a variety of personnel; actual telecom field experience desire
- Project estimating and travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the telecommunications, or related industry
- 3-5 years of project management experience with 3+ years specific to telecom
- Strong MS Office, and Visio desirable
- Bin2Win, SalesForce and Foundation a plus
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work with heavily matrixed organization and teams
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel; overnights as required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work. Must be required to operate vehicle for Company business. Work is performed in and out of an office environment. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V
Waveguide has been the dominate player in the Northeastern region of the US for over 20 years when it comes to turnkey Fiber Optic networks. We have remained on the forefront of the industry demands and trends throughout our history by implementing and utilizing the latest technologies to complete our work. Our current customer base consists of large regional and national broadband companies, local and national incumbent phone and cable companies, universities, data centers, municipalities and the private sector. We continue to be a recognized industry resource for Best Practices within all of these service offerings:
* Turn-key fiber optic network design, engineering and construction * Utility and make-ready management * GIS and CAD mapping services * GPS field mapping and data collection * Hub and Head-end construction * COAX and HFC construction * DAS, Wireless and Small Cell design and construction services * Project Management services * OSP maintenance and restoration services * Plant audit and field surveys * Network upgrades, new builds and extensions * Project management
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to: