Waveguide Solutions is a turn-key fiber optic network design, engineering and construction company based in Nashua NH with an additional offices throughout New England as needed for customer builds.
Location: New Hampshire
Waveguide Solutions is a design build turn-key fiber optic construction company based in Nashua NH but has regular work throughout New England. We are growing exponentially and are looking for smart can-do people who would like to grow with us and be a part of our expanding team!
The Senior Wireless Technician will be responsible for providing installation, testing, and network troubleshooting services on both existing cellular networks and turn-key wireless network builds for our customers and the wireless carriers they represent. The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the RF industry on Small Cell and oDAS / iDAS networks. This job is open to growth!!
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with project managers to meet specific customer oDAS and Small Cell build requirements.
- Responsible for installation quality and completion of testing requirements ensuring successful deployments that meet time and budget requirements.
- Establish action to deal with delays due to weather emergencies or logistics. Confer with PM, on site personnel, contractors and customer to resolve quality concerns, complaints or time line challenges.
- Manage Daily Jobs and project goals to its efficient completion.
- Responsible for all required final documentation as requested by PM.
- Review the status of each job/project and in conjunction with the Program Manager, implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- May attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Assist in comprehensive RF testing and documentation process. Train technical personnel and manage them to the process.
- Assist in growing technical workforce to support the installation and maintenance of Wireless networks.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently or with a variety of personnel
- Ensure customers’ overall satisfaction with Waveguide’s work product.; build strong customer relationships and leverage them to secure additional work.
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, wireless antenna node site maintenance, wireless infrastructure installation in the public right of way
- Strong PIM Testing and resolution Skills ( Kaelus Certification Required)
- Strong cable sweep testing skills. (Anritsu Certification preferred)
- Knowledge of RF and Carrier frequency planning
- Strong knowledge of hand and power tools
- Strong organization skills and neatness driven
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work in a fast-changing environment with multiple objectives.
- Travel a requirement; nights/weekends as needed so flexibility and a “can do” attitude a must; building and turning up nodes often must be done during night or weekend hours
- Customer service orientated with a strong problem-solving approach
- 5+ years of wireless field experience with strong knowledge of RF Frequency Bands.
- Strong installation and troubleshooting Skills.
- Knowledge of installation best practices
- Strong MS Office Skills including Excel, Word and Visio
- Anritsu Sweep Certification
- PIM Testing certification
- Fiber Optic splicing and testing
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Will be required to provide and use own basic hand tools
- Ability to take and pass and continue to pass a drug screen and background check
- Maintain a safe working environment by following company and industry standards at all times
- Relevant Technical Degree or related technical certifications in Telecommunications, EE, Engineering Technology, RF, Construction Management; Trade school or Military electronic specialized schools. BICSI certification is a plus.
- Installation experience required in RF, IT, and/or Electrical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work. Will be required to operate vehicle for Company business therefore must possess and continue to possess a valid drivers license. Work is performed in and out of an office environment. Physically able to carry 50lbs. Able to work outdoors, and/or in a bucket truck. Work is also performed in all sorts of environments and weather so therefore must be able to work outside in all types of climates.
Waveguide has been the dominate player in the Northeastern region of the US for over 20 years when it comes to turnkey Fiber Optic networks. We have remained on the forefront of the industry demands and trends throughout our history by implementing and utilizing the latest technologies to complete our work. Our current customer base consists of large regional and national broadband companies, local and national incumbent phone and cable companies, universities, data centers, municipalities and the private sector. We continue to be a recognized industry resource for Best Practices within all of these service offerings:
* Turn-key fiber optic network design, engineering and construction * Utility and make-ready management * GIS and CAD mapping services * GPS field mapping and data collection * Hub and Head-end construction * COAX and HFC construction * DAS, Wireless and Small Cell design and construction services * Project Management services * OSP maintenance and restoration services * Plant audit and field surveys * Network upgrades, new builds and extensions * Project management
Competitive pay, full benefits, 401(k) and profit sharing available
Waveguide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V.
Interested applicants, please apply below:
Or, submit your resume and cover letter to: